The conference programme for the inaugural ‘Biomaterials Europe Conference’ and ‘Medevice Design & Manufacturing Exhibition’ in Barcelona, Spain, features a panel of medical industry experts from the US and across Europe who will review the latest innovations and developments in biomaterials and high-tech manufacturing technologies for use in cardiovascular, orthopaedic and tissue engineering applications, as well as medicinal products administration and coatings.
Being staged from 5-6 October 2011 at the Barcelo Sants Hotel, the event should appeal to anyone involved in strategic and major decision-making throughout the medical device and biomaterials product development chain – from R&D, quality control and production/manufacturing engineering through to test/QA and QC, electronics design and manufacturing, as well as supply chain management and purchasing.
With speakers from such companies as the ASCAMM Technology Centre, BIOCAT, DSM Biomedical, IFAM, Multivac, Tecno-med Ingenieros, Secant Medical, SYNTHES and Zeus, the Biomaterials Europe Conference programme will comprise a series of themed sessions including:
- The Spanish medical device industry – including development prospects and opportunities.
- Opportunities in the worldwide medical device market and changing regulations – key points that European manufacturers need to integrate to meet the requirements of the US; recent changes to European regulations regarding risk management; medical device biocompatibility.
- New biomaterials and design trends – latest innovations, in particular regarding tissue engineering, osteosynthesis, corrective surgery for scoliosis and improved technical performance of resorbable implants.
- Additive and rapid manufacturing of medical devices – a review of techniques/applications; powder technologies applied to the manufacture of metal biomaterials; a new laser sintering technique for designing custom cranial implants.
- Advanced manufacturing techniques – challenges and solutions for custom implants, including examples of products under development; prospects offered by micro-extrusion for polymer treatments; overview of biomaterial assembly techniques; European regulations on medical device process safety and traceability.
Visit www.medevice-spain.com for full details.
Edited by: Paul Whittaker, Editor ipmd.net, [email protected]