The 6th Annual Global Automotive Lightweight Materials (GALM) Europe Congress will take place in Birmingham, UK, 25-27 April 2017. Founded in 2012, GALM Europe’s conferences aim to provide practical solutions to strategic, tactical and technical challenges, and have seen more than 5000 automotive experts attend over the period since their inauguration.
The 3-day 2017 event will focus on the investigation of industry issues including material selection strategies, multi-material architectures, the use of composites, thermoplastics, glass fibre and other materials, component weight reduction and innovative joining methods.
Around 35% of attendees are expected to be automotive OEMs, while 21% of attendees will be Tier 1 companies and 19% material suppliers, with the remaining 25% being made up of Tier 2 and 3 companies and R&D Institutions.
Key topics covered by the conference programme include:
- Material selection strategies and multi-material architectures
- Lightweighting opportunities of structural parts, components, engine and powertrain
- Innovative joining technologies
- Use of composites, thermoplastics, glass fibre and other new materials for weight reduction
- Lightweighting for the electric vehicle range
- Material production methods