Altair, Troy, Michigan, USA, is hosting a virtual event, Future.Industry, October 19-21, with a focus on advances in manufacturing. The company intends to showcase companies leveraging the power of convergence, simulation, high-performance computing (HPC), and artificial intelligence (AI) in transforming the way they design, operate, and compete – now and in the future.
“Future.Industry is designed to serve as a venue to discuss how we can – together – create a smarter, more connected, and sustainable world,” stated James R Scapa, founder and CEO, Altair. “We look forward to hosting the world’s brightest minds from all industries as we share, challenge, and explore the best practices that will inspire our future.”
The featured keynote on day one will be Sheryl Connelly, chief futurist at Ford, who will explore how consumer and lifestyle trends will affect organisations in the future. Connelly was included on Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business’ list, in part for her work identifying and analysing global consumer trend. She has been a speaker at TED and TED Global, and has been published in The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Financial Times, and more.
Future.Industry will feature the following presentations:
- “Digital revolution through Connected Trains” by Vanderlei Bueno, Head of RSC LAM & Head of RSC & Services Brazil, Alstom
- “Connecting Physics and Real-World Data for Meaningful Digital Twins” by Romano Iazurlo, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, Head of Materials & Processes Technologies, Electronics Division, Leonardo SpA
- “Path to Augmented Simulation” by Dr Uwe Schramm, CTO, Altair
- “Design for Sustainability with Engineering Automation” by Lukas Utzig, BMW Group
- “Mobile Devices PCB Design Optimization” by Jaehan Ryu, Senior Engineer, Samsung Mobile
Day two will feature interactive tracks with dedicated customer presentations focused on smart, connected products; sustainability; tomorrow’s engineer and manufacturability. Day three will showcase practical applications of Altair technology and how to deploy it throughout the product development cycle.
Sessions will include live interaction with Altair and industry experts. All sessions will be presented in English with live audio translation available in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
More information is available at the event’s site.