American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc., (AAM), Detroit, Michigan, USA, reports that it was announced as a silver winner at the 22nd Annual Ford World Excellence Awards, which took place virtually this year.
AAM was recognised with a silver award for quality at its manufacturing facility located in Valencia, Spain, which specialises in the production of components including Powder Metallurgy connecting rods.
“AAM’s No. 1 objective is to manufacture the highest quality and most innovative Driveline and Metal Forming technologies,” stated David C Dauch, AAM chairman and CEO. “This award is the ultimate recognition of that work and we thank Ford for their support of AAM.”
Hau Thai-Tang, Ford’s chief product platform and operations officer, commented, “Ford’s annual World Excellence Awards recognise our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success. Congratulations to AAM for being a recipient of this coveted award. Thank you for all that you do in support of Ford Motor Company.”
Honourees were recognised for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in categories that included:
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year
- Primary brand pillar awards in winning portfolio, propulsion choices, autonomous technology and connected services categories
- Fitness awards for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that deliver results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year for suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organisation and business process